Frequently Asked Questions
For NAATI-certified translations, it is usually a flat fee per document.
For other translations, it depends on the length and subject matter of the source documents.
To find out how much your project will be, get in touch for an obligation-free quote.
It depends on the length, the subject matter and quality of the original. (Please note that proofreading is not available for machine translated material.)
For NAATI-certified translations:
- a clear scan of the documents you need translated (both sides if a card such as a drivers licence or residence card) or PDFs if, for example, online bank statements
For other translations:
- the text or files requiring translation
- the purpose of the translation, ie for publication, for internal company use, back translation.
- when you need the translation by
- the text or files requiring proofreading
- the original Japanese text (if available)
For NAATI-certified translations, single documents can usually be translated within 24 hours (business days only), but longer or multiple documents will take longer.
Other translation projects depend on volume and subject matter as more specialised content requires more thorough research.
Proofreading projects will depend on the volume and quality of the English.
Yes, your documents and any information provided will be treated with strict confidentiality regardless of whether you choose me to be your translator or not. As a professional translator, I am bound by the NAATI code of ethics so absolutely no part of your project will be provided to a third party without prior permission or unless you specifically request or as required by law.
Absolutely not. Every project I receive is done by a human, i.e. me.